WD-40 Brand Launches First Ever Product Line Extension, Introduces New WD-40 Specialist Line Of Products
The WD-40 we all know and love is now being joined by some new family members to help us in the garage and around the house. Check out the news in the blog below.
WD-40 Company, maker of the trusted and versatile WD-40® Multi-Use Product, is introducing WD-40 Specialist™ – a new line of best-in-class specialty products formulated to give trade professionals the performance they need to get their specific jobs done right. The new WD-40 Specialist line consists of five products: Rust Release Penetrant Spray; Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant; Protective White Lithium Grease; Long-Term Corrosion Inhibitor; and Rust Remover Soak.
“Trade professionals need products that work for specialized jobs and the WD-40 Specialist product line is a great arsenal to help them do their jobs better,” said Dr. Ernest Bernarducci, vice president of research and technology at WD-40 Company. “Of course, with jobs that aren’t so specialized, you can always trust the product that’s been used for nearly 60 years for thousands of tasks – WD-40 Multi-Use Product.”
Developed at the WD-40 Company Research and Development Center, all of the new WD-40 Specialist products are 50-state VOC compliant and have proven more effective in key performance areas than leading competitors in ASTM and other industry accepted test methods:
• Rust Release Penetrant Spray – With Blu Torch™ Technology, it penetrates rust 50 percent faster than the leading competitor and also helps prevent rust and corrosion.
• Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant – Dries fast and doesn’t leave a mess – it even waterproofs and protects moving parts better than leading competitors.
• Protective White Lithium Grease – Ideal for metal-to-metal applications and provides long-lasting lubrication and unbeatable, superior protection.
• Long-Term Corrosion Inhibitor – Outperforms the competition and protects metal from corrosion for up to one year outdoors and two years indoors.
• Rust Remover Soak – Made with biodegradable ingredients and a non-toxic formula, it restores rusted metal parts back to bare metal.
WD-40 Specialist products are now available at retailers nationwide. For more information about the new product line, visit WD40Specialist.com.
WD-40 Company, with headquarters in San Diego, is a global consumer products company dedicated to delivering unique, high-value and easy-to-use solutions for a wide variety of maintenance needs of "doer" and "on-the-job" users by leveraging and building the brand fortress of the company. The company markets multi-purpose maintenance products, which include the WD-40® Multi-Use Product, 3-IN-ONE®, BLUE WORKS® and WD-40® Specialist™ product lines. The company also markets homecare and cleaning brands X-14® mildew stain remover and automatic toilet bowl cleaners, 2000 Flushes® automatic toilet bowl cleaners, Carpet Fresh® and No Vac® rug and room deodorizers, Spot Shot® aerosol and liquid carpet stain removers, 1001® household cleaners and rug and room deodorizers, and Lava® and Solvol® heavy-duty hand cleaners.
WD-40 Company markets its products in more than 160 countries worldwide and recorded sales of $336 million in fiscal year 2011.