Florida Driving Takes Guts! As I braved one of the worst interstates in Florida today to get to and from work I realized Florida Driving deserves a Top 10 List. Check it out in the full blog
So I take I-4 from Lakeland to Tampa every day. It's about a 45 minute commute each way on a good day, but can take upwards of an hour. I won't go into the details, but sufice to say our office was moved and now my mileage and gas usage has tripled.
The job has its stress for sure, but just getting there often makes you want to just turn tail and head home. So, for those that live here in Florida, and for those that are thinking of visiting, enjoy my Top Ten list of bad Florida driving habits:
10. No use of lane change indicators what so ever (I'm pretty sure their car has it).
9. Faster drivers passing on the right because they can't wait until it is safe for the slower people to move over.
8. Smokers flicking their butts out the window (the state is a tinder box and I know they have an ashtray in that $50K SUV).
7. Signaling for a lane change (yes, some of us do!) and people SPEEDING up instead of letting you in. Thanks, remember Karma is a *** .
6. Tailgating three inches off our bumper. It's not Sunday and your car doesn't have sponsor decals, so back off Jeff Gordon wannabe.
5. Using the rearview mirror for makeup application or to check your hair instead of using it, oh I don't know, to see what's behind you?
4. People not slowing down or moving over for emergency vehicles.
3. Of course, people slowing down TOO much for emergency lights, or even some poor guy changing his tire. Come on, if it is that interesting pull over and watch, don't drive too!
2. When it's raining if you are too scared to drive (I can tell when the hazard lights come on) then PULL OVER. Oh, and you should have your headlights on too. It's so fun to come up on a dark car in the rain with no lights on.
1. HANG UP and DRIVE! No one is that important it can't wait until you get to where you are going!
Ah, I feel better already. Don't you?